Green leafy veggies are great for our dog’s health… and have even been proven to reduce cancer risk! So, why not make our dog a delicious treat out of them?
We have included a simple recipe for you below… feel free to print and save!
- 6 cups of well-packed spinach
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
- 3 strips of cooked bacon diced into small pieces
Preheat oven to 400º F. Grease a mini muffin pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Chop the spinach in batches carefully with a knife or in a food processor
- Sauté the chopped spinach with a small amount of olive or coconut oil for about 10 minutes. They will shrink significantly in this process.
- Move the spinach to a mixing bowl, then stir in the cottage cheese and bacon until well-mixed.
- Stir in the eggs, and mix.
Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the greased mini muffin pan. Bake 25 minutes or until the puff feels springy to the touch and there is no liquid remaining.
After the puffs cool down, place in the refrigerator for later consumption.