Dog Behavior Blog, a blog owned by Amber L. Drake & Canine Companions, is dedicated to ensuring optimal happiness for people and their canine companions through positive behavior and education. The topics discussed include canine behavior problems and solutions, general canine nutrition, general canine care, dogs in the news, and more. If you have a guest post that is not included in this list but you feel would be a good fit for our blog, please submit your ideas as all relevant topics are welcome!
All Guest Posts must comply with the following criteria:
1. Guest Posts must be your own original work that has not been published on any other website, forum, chat or social media network.
2. Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
3. When quoting others, please make sure to properly cite your source.
4. Posts will acknowledge your authorship, but will be the property of Dog Canine Blog.
5. Once the post has been submitted to Dog Behavior Blog you may not publish it anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website or blog.
6. If we use your guest post, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting does not mean you post the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your guest post and a short sentence or two explaining what the article is about.
7. Submissions should be kept between 200 – 1,200 words. Longer posts are allowed if it is necessary and relevant.
8. Affiliate links shall not be included in guest post submissions.
9. Dog Behavior Blog reserves the right to add its own affiliate links where appropriate.
10. Guest Post writers will receive writing credit as author of their post and will be credited as such.
11. Guest Post writers may submit a short bio statement in WordPress for their own exposure.
12. Guest Post writers will be allowed to have one link to their website within the author acknowledgement. This may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site.
13. Guest Post writers may provide a photo if professional.
14. We do not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post to our site, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
15. Dog Behavior Blog welcomes images and/or video to accompany your guest post as long as they meet the following requirements:
a. The Guest Post writer must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. Proof must be submitted along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
b. Dog Behavior Blog reserves the right to change/edit the image/video if necessary.
c. If people are included in the image/video, then the Guest Post writer must provide a written release allowing use of likeness.
d. Video/image submissions must be relevant to the post.
e. Dog Behavior Blog reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems inappropriate or contrary to the values of the Dog Behavior Blog company and brand.
16. Dog Behavior Blog will share and promote the Guest Post on a variety of social media networks, but does not guarantee any particular site or audience reach.
17. Links to any third-party site must be relevant to the topic.
18. All search engine optimization (“SEO”) information, such as anchor text or alt tags, will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at the discretion of Dog Behavior Blog.
19. Excessive links or links that appear to be affiliated or spam related will be removed at the discretion of Dog Behavior Blog.
20. All Guest Posts are reviewed and approved by Dog Behavior Blog.
21. Dog Behavior Blog reserves the right to edit Guest Posts where necessary.
22. Dog Behavior Blog reserves the right to refuse publication of remove a Guest post without prior notice to the Guest Post writer.
23. By providing a Guest Post to Dog Behavior Blog, you agree that you are in no way becoming a part of the website or company, nor shall you hold yourself out to be a member of the Dog Behavior Blog website or company.
24. If a Guest Post submission is inappropriate or needs improvements, a Dog Behavior Blog representative will let you know and offer suggestions so that it may be published at a later time. Dog Behavior Blog will review your submissions in a timely manner. Dog Behavior Blog reserves the right to refuse publication of any Guest Post.
By submitting a Guest Post to Dog Behavior Blog, you agree than you have read and understand this agreement and agree to be bound by it. Guest writers may contact Amber L. Drake at ProfAmberDrake@gmail.com for a recommendation letter for future writing endeavors.